PAGE BC F.A.Q.
We are the British Columbia Peace and Global Educators Provincial Specialist Association (PSA) within the BCTF. We are open to both public and private school teachers, student teachers, retired teachers and associate members and organizations. Our focus is on global education K-12, and helping teachers to further develop their global education skills.
It is NOT:
- a new disciple,
- a separate subject,
- a study of international affairs
- a movement, a methodology, a pedagogical philosophy
- a focus on infusing the connected issues of peace, human rights, appropriate development, and environment into existing curricula with the goal of raising responsible global citizens
Support peace and global education in the classroom in a number of ways:
- form a network of like-minded progressive educators
- offer opportunities for professional development
- create opportunities for educational leadership
- host an annual conference, other seminars, forums, films, rallies...
- provide an active voice for social responsibility within the BCTF
- produce substantive journals, website, e-group & opportunities to publish work
- mentor new teachers,
- host social events for social activists
- submit resolutions to BCTF of costal justice nature
- support other groups and projects (Olinda, Peace Forum, War Toys to Peace Art,...)
Did you know that many presents of BCTF social justice workshops are PAGE members?
See #1-10 above. As a member of PAGE BC you can easily become connected to a network of like-minded progressive educators and you are welcomed and encouraged to be involved with our organization. We are always open to written contributions from our members. We welcome involvement with our executive and in our conference committees. By getting involved you'll get connected and have fun.
Students, TOC, Retired Teachers $10
Active BCTF members $25
Associate Members $45
You can JOIN ONLINE right here, right now. Your membership is valuable for our organization as it directly supports the work that is done to get resources into the hands of teachers who want to make a difference.